Monday, June 9, 2008

Hello!!

Hello family and friends!!

I've never blogged before and I'm hoping everyone out will enjoy this wonderful journey with me. As you may have guessed, Scott and I are pregnant. But I want to catch everyone up to speed with what has been going on since the beginning of this year. Back in February, Scott and I decided we would start trying to conceive and have a baby. Who knew it would happened so quickly. For those of you who know April, she was correct. When we got together on Feb. 23rd to watch the Tigers vs. Vols game...I was a few days pregnant. I didn't even know but April knew right way. She was also right at Jenny's birthday dinner. It took everything I had not to tell everyone. We didn't tell for two reasons: 1) It was Jenny's birthday and I didn't want to ruin her special evening and 2) We hadn't been to doctor's office yet. I guess things happen for a reason because later that month I had a miscarriage. The doctors don't really know why but something wasn't right. The baby's heartbeat was only 80 (normal range should be around 120 I think). And so April 1st I had a D&C and were told we could start trying to conceive after my next cycle.

Surprisingly enough, here we are. Scott and I were able to conceive mid-May and are crossing our fingers that every thing is okay with this little one. I went to the md's office on Wednesday, May 28th and did all the blood work and had the exam. My doctor said everything seems to be lining up correctly for this pregnancy. I also talked to my nurse on Friday, June 6th and was told Congratulations!! We are very, very pregnant. I'm looking forward to going this upcoming Friday, June 13th to do more blood work and an ultrasound to see how far along we are and make sure everything okay. I'm definitely taking it one day at a time and trying to keep stress way down. But for those of you who know what my job is (Clinical Therapist) sometimes stress can run throughout the day...especially with 4 hours of crisis. I'm also trying to keep caffiene down to a minimum. Of course, there are days that I slip and have a sweet tea but those days are few and far between.

There are so many things going through my mind right now...I think the main thought is having a healthy baby. I know there was a reason for the miscarriage. I am so thankful to have wonderful a sister and friends to help me through this rough little spot.

I'm looking forward to sharing this wonderful experience with everyone and would love your advice on the upcoming months.

2 comments:

April S. said...

I am so excited that you guys were able to get pregnant again so soon! I look forward to reading all of your upcoming blogs and then reading about the baby when he/she comes!

shenika1us said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you . I knew from your days at Memphis Speech and Hearing that you and Scott were ready to have children! I am so happy for you both and I know you're going to make a great mommy. I will be praying for your health and the health of your baby!!!